From Grey Tower Library
The Grey Tower, as with any group or organisation, uses a number of in-house acronyms and abbreviations. You are more likely to encounter them in out-of-character posts, but some sneak into in-character posts.
- AM: Asha'man
- AS: Aes Sedai
- BA: Black Ajah
- GC: Gaidin Captain
- GT: The Grey Tower
- IC: In-Character; the opposite of OOC.
- KoA: Keeper of the Archives
- KoC: Keeper of the Chronicles
- MoA: Master/Mistress of Arms
- MoN: Mistress of Novices
- MoS: Master of Soldiers
- MoT: Master/Mistress of Training
- MRP: Major Roleplay
- NPC: Non-Player Character
- PSC: Player Support Character
- OOC: Out-of-Character; the opposite of IC.
- OP: One Power
- OPB: One Power Basics
- RP: Roleplay(ing)
- WSP: Weapon Skill Points
- WY: Warder Yards
- A/D/J: Accepted, Dedicated, Ji'val. See learning ranks below.
- Admin: The OOC term for the individuals who lead the Grey Tower; see the Current Admin page.
- AS/AM/G: Aes Sedai, Asha'man, Gaidin. See full ranks below.
- Ammy: The Amyrlin Seat; strictly used OOC unless you enjoy scrubbing pots.
- Full ranks: Aes Sedai, Asha'man and Gaidin.
- Learning ranks: Novices, Soldiers and Drin are learning ranks. Sometimes also includes Accepted, Dedicated and Ji'val.
- MoNSTers: One of the three administrative roles. Previously stood for Masters and Mistresses of Novices, Soldiers and Training.
- N/S/D: Novices, Soldiers, Drin. See learning ranks above.
- Officers: Collective term for everyone above a full rank, namely The Triumvirate, Keepers, MoNSTers, Sitters, Heads of Ajah, and Counsellors.
- Shara (OOC usage): A leave of absence.
- Triumvirate (IC usage): Collective term for the Amyrlin Seat, M’Hael, and Master/Mistress of Arms.