Grey Tower Library:Weapon Skills/Blademastery
|This rules page is considered accurate as of the last vote in the Hall of Sitters on 23 December 2018.|
Blademasters are the best of the best, the undisputed masters of their weapons, which are marked with herons to set them apart. Despite the name, it is possible to become a Master of any weapon, or of unarmed combat.
Becoming a Blademaster is the only way to gain more than five (5) points in a single weapon. Each character can only become a Blademaster with one weapon.
Before you can become a Blademaster, you must first complete the following requirements.
- Be fully raised for six (6) months and have three (3) months of continuous/regular activity prior to applying
- Have five (5) points in chosen weapon before beginning.
- Teach two (2) students after meeting above requirements.
Complete any three (3) of the following:
- Write a 1,500 word fanfic (ideally, the setting will be outside the Tower and involve real weapons with risk of injury/death)
- Write a spar with an Expert in any weapon, with your contributions equaling 1500 words (This can also be a multiple opponent spar where their weapon points are cumulatively five (5) or greater)
- Write a thread in which your weapon is used abundantly for plot advancement, with your contributions equaling 1,500 words. (ideally, the setting will be outside the Tower and involve real weapons with risk of injury/death)
- Participate in an MRP with abundant plot use of weapon skill, contributions equaling 1,500 words.
- Other equivalent options can be discussed with the Non-Channeller Representative.
- At least two of these items must involve real weapons, and preferably be outside of the Tower.
- At least one item should be a roleplaying thread.
- It should be apparent that your character's chosen weapon is a part of who they are, not only in these requirements but throughout their life at the Tower.
Once these requirements are complete, submit the appropriate URLs to Admin.
After approval, you will need to do one of the following:
- Write a 3,000 word fanfic
- Write a thread in which your posts are at least 200 words long, and have a cumulative total of at least 3,000 words.
- Participate in an MRP, from start to finish, in which your weapon skill is utilised and your posts are at least 200 words long, and have a cumulative total of at least 3,000 words.
Combining Blademastery with Dual Wielding
Because it is possible to learn how to fight with two weapons at once, it is inevitable that someone will Master such a style. A Blademaster who fights with two weapons is no exception to the way that Dual Wielding normally works (see the Masteries for details). In order to become a Blademaster in a two-weapon fighting style, the character must have at least three (3) skill points in the secondary weapon that he or she wishes to use together with the Primary one, and have the Dual Wielding Mastery for that combination of weapons. The character must still undertake the BM requirements listed above.