Grey Tower Library:Aims and Rules of the Grey Tower
|This rules page is considered accurate as of the last vote in the Hall of Sitters on 23 December 2018.|
The Grey Tower is an online roleplaying society devoted to The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It is a non-commercial site and is not affiliated in any way with Robert Jordan, Tor Books, or Orbit Books.
The aims of the Grey Tower shall be to:
- provide a fun and caring online community.
- bring fans of The Wheel of Time together and provide a basis for building new friendships and lasting relationships amongst like-minded people.
- fully explore, develop and enjoy the concepts and possibilities of Robert Jordan's writing, as well as to share and integrate our differing interpretations of the texts, and play out being a character in this world.
In order for the Grey Tower to run successfully, there are a number of ground rules which all members are to adhere to at all times.
By interacting with the Grey Tower, you are agreeing to:
- Treat others with respect.
- Post within the theme and atmosphere of the Grey Tower and The Wheel of Time.
- Avoid posting any inappropriate subject matter.
- Observe the chain of authority (i.e. Admin and the Triumvirate).
- Abstain from roleplaying any characters other than your own.
- Post only using the English language.
- Have fun!
Please note that you must be aged eighteen (18) or over in order to join the Grey Tower.
Note that these are the principal rules we have; everything else is secondary to these. By interacting with our community, you agree to abide by these rules and to accept the consequences should you break them.
Inappropriate Subject Matter
By interacting with the Grey Tower, you are agreeing to avoid inappropriate subject matter. Inappropriate subject matter consists of:
- Hate speech (e.g. jokes, slurs, or any culturally offensive material related to the real world)
- Harassment (e.g. flaming, intimidation, undermining, posting of personal information)
- Pornography (e.g. images, links)
- Excessive profanity (both in-character and out-of-character)
- Crude, derogatory, inappropriate, or disrespectful remarks aimed at any individual, group, or organisation.